Look for discounts.
- Do make sure you plan how long it will take to travel. Include breaks if you don’t like travelling or if you have little ones!
- Bring a map if you’re driving there!
- Be prepared for the weather. Watch the weather channel for when and where you’ll be gone. Bring clothing appropriate for what the weather will be and something that’s not according to the weather in case it decides to change.
- Plan as far ahead in advance as possible.
- If you must change planes, try to arrange so if you have stopovers or anything that it is in a nice airport, so if you have an unexpected (or expected) long layover, you won’t go berserk.